Privacy statement of the website www.tuv.it
This page will describe management of our web site as regards processing the personal data of users that visit us.
This information is provided - also in pursuance of Section 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 - to any entity having to do with the web-based services that are made available by the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (Italian Data Protection Authority) via electronic networks as from the following address: www.tuv-sud.it which corresponds to the home page of our official web site.
The information provided only applies to our web site and does not concern any web site that may be visited by an user via external links.
- Data Controller
- The data controller is TÜV Italia srl, with registered office in Milan (Italy), Via Mauro Macchi and headquarter in Sesto S.Giovanni (MI), 20099, Via G. Carducci 125, pal. 23.
- Responsible for processing
- TÜV Italia srl is also responsible for processing in accordance with Article 29 of the Code regarding the protection of personal data, as in charge of the maintenance of the technological part of the site.
- Place Where Data Is Processed
- The processing operations related to the web-based services that are made available via this website are carried out at the aforementioned office of TÜV Italia srl exclusively by technical staff in charge of said processing.
Any personal data that is provided by users requesting to be sent information material,s such as newsletters, is only used to provide the service and/or discharge the tasks requested and is disclosed to third parties only if this is necessary for the said purposes.
- Categories of Processed Data
- Navigation Data
- The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this web site acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties.
This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this web site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user's operating system and computer environment.
These data are only used to extract anonymous statistical information on website use as well as to check its functioning; they are erased immediately after being processed. The data might be used to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed against the website; except for this circumstance, any data on web contacts is currently retained for no longer than seven days.
- Data Provided Voluntarily by Users
- Sending e-mail messages to the addresses mentioned on this website, which is done on the basis of a freely chosen, explicit, and voluntary option, entails acquisition of the sender's address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of such additional personal data as is contained in the message(s).
Specific summary information notices will be shown and/or displayed on the pages that are used for providing services on demand.
- No personal data concerning users is acquired by the website in this regard.
No cookies are used to transmit personal information, nor are so-called persistent cookies or user tracking systems implemented.
Use of the so-called session cookies – which are not stored permanently on the user's computer and disappear upon closing the browser – is exclusively limited to the transmission of session ID's – consisting of server-generated casual numbers – as necessary to allow secure, effective navigation.
The so-called session cookies used by this website make it unnecessary to implement other computer techniques that are potentially detrimental to the confidentiality of user navigation, whilst they do not allow acquiring the user's personal identification data.
No Marketing Cookies are used.
- Optional Data Provision
- Subject to the specifications made with regard to navigation data, users are free to provide the personal data either to be entered in the application forms submitted to the Office or referred to in contacting the Office to request delivery of newsletter, information materials and other communications. Failure to provide such data may entail the failure to be provided with the items requested.
- Processing Arrangements
- Personal data is processed with automated means for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it has been collected. Specific security measures are implemented to prevent the data from being lost, used unlawfully and/or inappropriately, and accessed without authorisation.
- Data Subjects' Rights
- Data subjects are entitled at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning them and be informed of their contents and origin, verify their accuracy, or else request that such data be supplemented, updated or rectified (Section 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003).
The above Section also provides for the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of any data that is processed in breach of the law as well as to object in all cases, on legitimate grounds, to processing of the data.
All requests should be mailed through:
- fax: +39 02 24130399
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or mail: to TÜV Italia Srl – Via Giosuè Carducci 125, ed. 23 – 20099 Sesto San Giovanni (MI) Italy – Communication Office.