Personnel and special process qualification – welding
Companies manufacturing welded structures subject to safety regulatory requirements must employ adequately qualified personnel and processes to the end of ensuring product safety.
“Special processes” such as welding, brazing, expanding, etc. require the support of a Notified Body or a third-party organization for qualifying personnel and special processes, welding:
- qualification of welding procedures/processes, in compliance to EN 288, EN 13134, German regulations or other standards;
- qualification of welders in compliance to EN 287, EN 13133, German regulations or other standards.
TÜV Italia operates as a notified body through its technical experts, who supervise the on-site preparation of samples and the following tests; next, they proceed to certify the qualification of the tested processes and of the personnel according to the above mentioned regulations.
Our services at a glance
Process qualification procedures
- TÜV Italia receives a request from the manufacturer/producer of materials/semi-finished products to collect samples or witness laboratory tests;
- Assessment of welding processes and verification of positive test results by TÜV Italia;
- Issue of a welding process qualification certificate by TÜV Italia.
Personnel qualification procedures
- TÜV Italia receives a request from the manufacturer/producer of materials/semi-finished products to witness the application of the methods in question by the company’s personnel with the objective to qualify welders;
- Issue of the qualification certification (license) by TÜV Italia.
Validity of certificate
The process qualification certificate has no expiration date, provided said process is not modified; the personnel qualification certificate, on the other hand, has a two-year validity and is renewable according to the procedure described above.