In force as of January 23rd 2002, Presidential Decree 462/01 requires employers to verify all electric grounding, lightning protection and electric systems operating in areas subject to explosion hazard.
TÜV Italia operates as a type A inspection body (CEI UNI EN 45004) authorized by the Ministry of Productive Activities to perform periodical and extraordinary verifications pursuant to Presidential Decree 462/01.
Verification procedures have a two-year or five-year validity depending on the type of system and include the following steps:
- The client requests an offer from TÜV Italia;
- TÜV Italia provides the client with an offer;
- The client appoints TÜV Italia to perform verifications and supplies all necessary information concerning the system in question;
- TÜV Italia performs verifications according to the frequency required by the specific type of system;
- TÜV Italia issues a report to the client.