ISO 22005 - Rintracciabilità di filiera
The ISO 22005 “Traceability in the feed and food chain – General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation” directive transposes the Italian UNI 10939:2001 - “Traceability system in agro-food supply chains” and UNI 11020:2002 - “Traceability system in agro-food companies” regulations.
ISO 22005 applies to the entire agro-food industry, including feeds, and today it is considered the reference regulation for the certification of traceability systems in the agro-food sector. It is an international regulation homogenizing expertise on voluntary traceability and standardizing it around the world.
ISO 22005 requires that the following aspects be included in the design and implementation of a traceability system:
- regulation and documents applicable to the traceability system;
- products and /or ingredients;
- role of each organization within the supply chain;
- material flow;
- information to be managed;
- supply chain management methods.
Our services at a glance
TÜV Italia formulates a three-yearly offer for ISO 22005 certification; following acceptance by the client it issues an order confirmation in order to initiate the certification process.
Evaluation and certification
- TÜV Italia conducts on-site audits, after which it produces an evaluation report.
- Prior to issuing the certificate, TÜV Italia performs the following actions:
- the company produces a corrective action plan in order to manage any deficiencies found;
- final resolution by the TÜV Italia Approval Committee.
Validity of certification
The certification has a three-year validity. Inspection audits are required to be performed annually in order to renew the certificate over the three-year duration of the contract.