TÜV SÜD’s expanding network of laboratories throughout North America, Germany, China, Korea and Singapore is ready to serve the needs of customers. This global testing network provides the full range of testing services and validation planning.
Our laboratories are fully equipped to support the following tests:
TÜV SÜD has cell and pack channels that can perform testing of hybrid and electric car batteries, modules and cells.
Our abuse test bunkers are specially equipped to conduct a comprehensive range of abuse tests safely.
- High speed video monitoring, infrared camera, spark source
- 6 m³ immersion basin
- 1-97 mW short circuit resistance board (max. current 20 kA)
Examples of standards that we can test to:
- SAE J 2464, US Freedom car, UN38.3, IEC 62660,
- Customised tests available
- Thermal shock
- Temperature cycling -55°C to +140°C
- Altitude simulation (UN38.3)
- IP testing
- Roll over test
- SO 16750
Special environmental tests:
- Exposure to harmful gases
- Chemical exposure
- Salt water immersion testing of packs up to 3m length
Environmental tests according to UN 38.3